Save, Earn, and make your neighbours jealous!
Going renewable with your home energy is a huge step, but it is a step that so many homeowners in the UK have now taken. In steps to help reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and to help save money off of extortionate bills.
Many homeowners still believe that renewable options are out of their reach, but many systems will pay back the money that is spent, and then some, in bill savings and earnings through government incentives.
How does an air source heat pump work?
An air source heat pump (ASHP) is a system which transfers heat from outside to inside a building, or vice versa. Under the principles of vapor compression refrigeration, an ASHP uses a refrigerant system involving a compressor and a condenser to absorb heat at one place and release it at another. They can be used as a space heater or cooler, and are sometimes called "reverse-cycle air conditioners".
- These systems can work in temperatures as low as -10ºc, although the efficiency of the system is much lower in lower outside temperatures.
- The air source heat pump system works best with larger radiators or underfloor heating in a wet system, but can also be used to provide heating and cooling through warm air convectors.
- For the best efficiency from your system, you should set it to a lower temperature over a longer period of time.
- System averages at around 300% efficiency, running of mains electricity. The costs of running this system are low, particularly when compared to standard electric heating.
- Most systems will come with at least a 10-year warranty.
- Works well alongside other renewable systems, such as solar PV panels.
- Renewable and environmentally friendly choice.
- Less costly than a ground source heat pump, and suitable for more types of home.
Installing an air source heat pump can be beneficial for many different types of homes, but you won’t get the same benefits if you do not update your entire heating system to this system. Which means installing bigger radiators, or the much preferred and luxurious underfloor heating, at extra cost.
This system can leave homeowners with savings and earnings across it's lifespan and can be a brilliant choice for many homes in the UK.
For more information you can use our contact form or email email@example.com